6th Sep 2003
Points to Ponder
1. Start off each day with 'adhkaar al-istiyqaadh'
(waking up Supplications), thanking Allah for waking
up in good shape.
2. Put Allah first in your life.
3. Broaden your horizons - learn 5 new verses from the
Quran every day, travel to pray in the masjid to
brighten your day, take up a booklet of
supplications and read them.
4. Pray Salaat Al-duhaa (aftersunrise).
5. If someone says something mean to you, just shrug
it off and dismiss it in a
friendly, laidback manner, and pray that Allah shall
6. When you get angry, remember Allah, and how short
and worthless life is to waste in being
7. Remember that you can never have too many friends,
but you can have few quality friends that help you
fulfill the purpose of your creation (i.e. live for
8. When you're happy, try to share your happiness with
others. Thank Allah for that, and pray for its continuation.
9. When something bad or embarrassing happens to you,
just think that it could always be
worse, remember the reward of patience, and thank Allah
that it's not worse than it is.
10. Do something extra of goodness once in a while,
like feeding a poor person, or caressing an orphan's
11. Never stop believing that you can win Allah's love
and thus work For it. Then you can win the love of
12. Spend some time thinking of Allah's amazing
13. Always love those who love Allah unconditionally.
This way you will ensure that you live for Him, love
for Him, and hate for Him (those who are enemies of
14. Find the righteous ways to express yourself, and
if you think that what you are about to say shall
cause no benefit, maintain silence (this is tough!!).
15. Every now and then, give yourself a break. Play
sports, give time to your family, friends, but always
remember Allah and remember that He is watching you.
16. Pray for blessings for those who are lost, and
pray to Allah that He may guide them to the right
17. Hug your parents, kiss them and
always respect them but do not obey them if they order
you to do something against Allah's orders.
18. Smile at everyone, a smile makes a big
difference and you are rewarded.
19. Forgive, forget and smile.
20. Tears are for all human beings with feelings.
restrain your tears when remembering Allah.
21. When people criticize your actions and efforts,
ascertain if they please Allah or
not. If they do then ignore those people and remember
Prophet (s.a.w) and the Sahaba were criticized, made
fun of and even
harmed, so have patience.
22. Read the Quran daily and try to have a schedule
for completing it. As you open
the Quran daily, read it while observing its message
not just passing
through the words.
23. Don't let popularity go to your head, because it
never lasts and you may lose more than you might
gain from it.
24. Never look down on anybody, as to Allah, they
may be better than you.
25. Send this to all brothers and sisters with the
intention of having a healthy society living for Allah
and pray to Allah for your reward.